FreeBSD 6 on DVD

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Fri Feb 10 06:10:12 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Duane Whitty wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>> Anyone have a mirror that supports at least a torrent for 6.0 on DVD?
>> I hate the ISO's with all that damned swithing of the CD's.
>>
>> Better yet, doe anyone know the layout used to create the DVD?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I haven't yet tried this myself but nevertheless thought you might find it
> interesting.  The following article(s) seem to detail how one would go about
> laying out an installation disk set.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-build.html
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng-packages/article.html
>

> It's probably not as straight forward as it sounds but I'm going to give a
> try for making a dvd for an x86 system.  I'll post to the list re this
> subject heading with my progress.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --Duane Whitty

Thank you for the links however, this isn't what I asked. Allow me to re
articulate:

1. I would like a link to either where there may be a full blown DVD image
of 6.0 or a torrent.

2. If not the above, the layout used to create the DVD image.

Now allow me to explain 1 and 2 so there isn't anymore wild answers to
questions users seem to think they read.

Reason 1:
If installing more then just the base OS (allow me to say that one key
word, INSTALL) then swapping out the CD's is not something I'm willing to
spend 3 hours doing (perhaps that was an embellishment after the fact).

Reason 2:
If there isn't a DVD image to download (either in whole or torrent) then
the layout would allow me to create my own INSTALL DVD with my curent 6.0
roms.

There - now that I have taken the time to eplain this, I hope there isn't
anymore confusion as to what I'm asking.

Best regards,
Chris

Sanity and insanity overlap a fine gray line.