is upgrading from 4.x to 6.x possible?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Wed Feb 8 14:05:38 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:10:02PM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Is there a procedure for upgrading 4.x to 6.x? Simply doing `buildworld' does
> not work -- even make can not be rebuilt without the stdint.h, for example.

If you are trying to upgrade via source you will have to first upgrade from
4.x to 5.x and then from 5.x to 6.x.  I don't think it is possible to go
directly from 4.x to 6.x.

The other option available is of course to make a backup of all data and
config files, make a new clean install of 6.x, and then restore files from
backup.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson