Kaspersky AND FreeBSD

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Feb 7 17:34:07 PST 2006

>  In this search I found out there are Kaspersky anti spam and
>  Kaspersky anti virus for UNIX-like.

>  What do you think about this?

We have been usiong Kaspersky for 3 or 4 years without any
trouble. Once a worm amanged to get through, but at that time it got
through all antiviruses we could try (seemed it was specially crafted
for me?)

We have seen a dramatic fall of infected machines since the email are
checked on the server, I am not aware of any machine that got infected
that way since then.

Kaspersky has a daemonized version, so it is reasonably fast. And the
price for education is OK.

I don't use the anti spam.

Olivier