Porblem with Openoffice 2.0.1

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Tue Feb 7 10:18:58 PST 2006

andy at neu.net wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Micah wrote:
>
>> Since no one has responded, I'll respond with a wild guess.  Try jdk15.
>>   There's been some odd problems revolving around libzip that are seem
>> to be fixed in 1.5.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Micah
>>
>> andy at neu.net wrote:
>>> I have had Openoffice 2.0.1 installed and working perfectly for several
>>> weeks now.  Suddenly, openoffice now fails to start.  I thought maybe
>>> JDK14 was corrupted so I deinstalled and reinstalled it, however I still
>>> get the same problem.  Below is the output from the end of the failed
>>> openoffice compile.  Also, if I try to start openoffice from the command
>>> line I get the same message.
> Thank you for responding, I did try jdk15.  It would not work because OOo
> looks for jdk14_p2.  I can't be the only one having this problem?

OOo works just fine for me.  I don't have jdk14 installed, though I did
when I installed OOo.  You're other options are to try WITHOUT_JAVA,
change the makefile to point to 1.4+ and see what happens, or install
the packaged version.  Also you could try freebsd-openoffice@ and/or
freebsd-java@ since freebsd-questions@ isn't turning up any similar reports.

HTH,
Micah