MySQL version for 6.0

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sun Feb 5 13:00:26 PST 2006

je killen schrieb:
> Greetings:
> I'm looking to find out if there is a current version of MySQL specific
> for v6 FreeBSD on AMD64. I don't see one
> on the MySQL site and I don't know if I can successfully build it from
> source on this machine.
> thanks;
> Jeff K

You can use FreeBSD's software management to install mysql. After you
have installed FreeBSD you can install MySQL easily:

   pkg_add -r mysql41-server

Alternativeyl you can choose mysql323-server, mysql40-server or
mysql50-server.

Add these lines to /etc/rc.conf:

   mysql_enable="YES"
   mysql_dbdir="/path/to/database/dir"       # this is optionally

Then run

   /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start

That's all. Now you have set up a MySQL server.

Björn