Attention: Garrett Cooper (Was: SSH with Public Key Authentication)

david bryce davidbryce at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 1 19:38:14 PST 2006

> > Daniel,
> >
> > Thank you for taking the time to reply.
> >
> > We are currently using pageant to manage the private key. However,
> > the keys we are using are generated with puttygen (not from the
> > server). The public key was then copied to the authorized_keys
> > file on the server. Would you recommend generating the keys on
> > the server? Do you have an idea where are some instructions
> > about how to generate the keys on the server? Thanks!
>
> 	Can you login using any key in the authorized_keys file? Also,
> what's the umask for authorized keys (ls -l .ssh/authorized_keys)?
> -Garrett

Thanks for replying, Garrett!

There is only one key in the authorized_keys file (the one I'm
trying to use), and I cannot login with it. The umask is:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  cvs  601 Feb  1 16:08 authorized_keys
-rw-r--r--  1 root  cvs  601 Feb  2 10:27 authorized_keys2
-rw-r--r--  1 root  cvs   13 Feb  1 17:10 known_hosts

Thanks!

Regards,

DB
--