ports : make index failed

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Wed Feb 1 02:30:47 PST 2006

Pirat SRIYOTHA wrote:
> Duane Whitty wrote:
>
>> Pirat SRIYOTHA wrote:
>>
>>> hi sirs,
>>>
>>> after cvsup the ports tree ,  i make index but get errors.  it said
>>>
>>> inspiron# cat /usr/ports/make-index
>>> Script started on Mon Jan 30 07:10:38 2006
>>> You have mail.
>>> inspiron# uname -a
>>> FreeBSD inspiron.thai-aec.org 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #3: Tue
>>> Jan 24 18:17:06 ICT 2006
>>> root at inspiron.thai-aec.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/INSPIRON  i386
>>> inspiron# make index
>>> Generating INDEX-6 - please wait../usr/local/bin/php-config: not found
>>> grep: /usr/local/include/php/main/php_config.h: No such file or
>>> directory
>>> make: don't know how to make describe. Stop
>>> ===> mail/thunderbird-devel failed
>>> *** Error code 1
>>> 1 error
>>>
>>> ********************************************************************
>>> Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
>>> version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
>>> have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
>>> not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
>>> particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
>>> collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
>>> report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
>>> details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
>>> your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
>>> settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).
>>>
>>> Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
>>> automatically with "make fetchindex".
>>> ********************************************************************
>>>
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports.
>>> inspiron# exit
>>> exit
>>>
>>> Script done on Mon Jan 30 07:37:55 2006
>>>
>>> /etc/make.conf
>>> X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg
>>> DOC_LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1
>>> # added by use.perl 2006-01-13 14:51:17
>>> PERL_VER=5.8.7
>>> PERL_VERSION=5.8.7
>>> FORCR_PKG_REGISTER=yes
>>>
>>> setenv
>>> USER=root
>>> HOME=/root
>>> SHELL=/bin/csh
>>> PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
>>>
>>> MAIL=/var/mail/root
>>> BLOCKSIZE=K
>>> FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES
>>> TERM=xterm
>>> HOSTTYPE=FreeBSD
>>> VENDOR=intel
>>> OSTYPE=FreeBSD
>>> MACHTYPE=i386
>>> SHLVL=1
>>> PWD=/usr
>>> LOGNAME=root
>>> GROUP=wheel
>>> HOST=inspiron.thai-aec.org
>>> REMOTEHOST=siting.thai-aec.org
>>> EDITOR=vi
>>> PAGER=more
>>> inspiron#
>>>
>>> i have no 'refuse' file at all.  and as far as i know, php has
>>> nothing to do with port tree at the very beginning.  would you please
>>> clarify this issue for me?
>>> thanks in advance for any comments and please cc to me since i do not
>>> subscribe to this list.
>>>
>>> with best regards,
>>> psr
>>>

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am curious about the CVS "refuse" files.  I could find no mention of
>> "refuse" files in the Cederqvist, but does it perhaps refer to the
>> ..cvsignore files which tells CVS which items to ignore (i.e. not fetch
>> when updating the ports tree)
>>
>> Thanks for your help and patience with us newbies.
>>
>> --Best Regards
>> Duane Whitty
>> ----------------------
>> duane at greenmeadow.ca
>>

> thanks indeed Duane Whitty.  up to today, i have no idea what happen to
> my box ?  will this affect to any ports that will be built ?
>
> with best regards,
> psr

My last response was a question and not
an authoritative answer.  I'm basically
just a beginner at all of this.

Since then I have done some research.
As a matter of fact the .cvsignore
files, that show up if you use the ls -a
command, have nothing to do with the way
CVSup works! (Answered my own question I
guess)

I think the FreeBSD Handbook and the man
pages, man 1 cvsup, explain everything
really well. (Just lookeed at them for
the 1st time myself)

Thanks for your question.  It has