baseaudit?

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Fri Dec 29 21:38:49 PST 2006

On 12/29/06, Dan Nelson <dnelson at allantgroup.com> wrote:
> In the last episode (Dec 29), Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T said:
> > Is there an a sibling to portaudit that monitors your base ?
>
> Subscribing to the freebsd-security-notifications list (very low
> traffic), or periodically checking http://security.freebsd.org/ is
> about it.

That's too bad.  I monitor those -- but it never hurts to have a
secondary channel. ( What I would like a bunch is a way to wire
portaudit and the theoretical baseaudit in to nagios, but that is a
different issue)  I could probably hack a baseaudit up with vuln.xml
and uname -r  but I wonder what size task it would be to add an option
to portaudit?