Fw: Mouse not working on FreeBSD 6.1

Mervin McDougall mcd_advisory at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 04:19:33 PST 2006

I recently purchased an omega optical mouse - http://www.omega.com.tw/MOUSE-278962.asp . The link shows the mouse in question. I have been unable to get it to work however. after running dmesg I noticed the psm driver is being loaded and the mouse is being recognised as an intellimouse but there does not appear to be an error or report which suggests that the mouse has a conflict with freebsd. FreeBSD however, can not activate for me to use on either console or desktop.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve this ? I will be more than happy to provide any extra information about the problem.

Mervin McDougall

Do You
 Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com