not everything coming up on a reboot

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sat Dec 23 12:48:56 PST 2006

Hello,

I had to reboot recently (a truly rare event), and I found that my
PPPoE connection didn't come back up automatically. Quite disturbing
if I happen to be away from the house and a power failure lasts longer
than my UPS.

After boot, if I run "/etc/rc.d/ppp-user start", it comes up
perfectly, using my settings in /etc/rc.conf. So, why wouldn't it come
up at boot? I thought that every initscript was passed a start
argument.

I can't find a log of an attempt at all.

Help appreciated.

Mike
--Albert Einstein