Remove the cursor with Xorg

Kelvin Woods kelvin at zednaught.net
Fri Dec 22 02:06:36 PST 2006

On Thu, December 21, 2006 10:27, Olivier Regnier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 with xorg version 6.9.0. I want to make the
> mouse cursor invisible. Can you help me please ?
>
> Thank you :)

Olivier,

I believe the only way to achieve this is to hack and recompile the
source.

In the source file "cursor.c" there is a function "CheckForEmptyMask"
within this function if you set "bits->emptyMask = TRUE" the cursor
won't appear.

Caveat: I did this myself, but it's couple of years ago now. Maybe
someone on this line has a more up-to-date method.

--
Kelvin