Acer Aspire WLMi 5102 with AMD Turion 64 X2 system hanging with powerd on 6.2-RC1 and 6.2-PRERELEASE

Bachilo Dmitry bocha at academ.org
Thu Dec 21 20:45:02 PST 2006

В сообщении от Пятница 22 декабря 2006 00:27 Peter Jeremy написал(a):
> On Wed, 2006-Dec-20 15:04:31 -0800, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> >Had the same problem where powerd would hang my HP Pavilion dv8000
> >system.  I worked arround the problem by using the following in
> >rc.conf:
> >
> >powerd_enable="YES"
> >powerd_flags="-a maximum -b maximum"
> >
> >Of course this makes powered do nothing when on battery.
>
> You might as well have
> powerd_enable="NO"
>
> >  What I think
> >is happening is that powered is too aggressive in downgrading the
> >clock speed, that it eventually sets the clock to a value that is so
> >low that the system stops responding.
>
> I have an HP nx6125 that will randomly hang if powerd is enabled and
> if you search back through the mailing lists, there are a few other
> people with similar problems.  I've done some experimenting and in my
> case, it's the clock speed transitions that cause a hang.  The actual
> clock speed is irrelevant.  I believe it's a race condition or a
> timing bug.

All this sounds strange, because i bought this very notebook for my wife 22
days ago, installed 6.2-PRE and it works totally stable for almost a month
now. Here she is with this book:
http://forum.allunix.ru/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4  Looks pretty
happy, doesn't she? :-)))
The only thing is that this book doesn't reboot or shut the power down when i
tell him to 'reboot' or 'reboot -p'. It just syncs discs and hands with no
explanations. But it works just fine.

--
С уважением, Бачило Дмитрий