My recent Epiphany about operating systems

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Thu Dec 21 10:38:15 PST 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 09:38, Terabyte Pete wrote (Nothing of value):
> 7:04 AM, Wednesday, December 20, 2006

<chop>

> U know, opposite of those oil companies - buying up the rail & mass transit,
> so they could DESTROY it, & rip everybody off with cars & gas they don't
> need.  It would be nice if more people were solution oriented like ma'self.
> We can build a better world.
> Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page
> www.live.com/?addtemplate=football&icid=T001MSN30A0701

What is most fascinating about this rant is that he apparently did it from
Windows95 installed on a Playstation 3!!!  What an engineer!

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-12/msg00134.html

Hey, TP!  What sort of "solution" were you drinking so early?

Is this all for comic relief?  Otherwise I can't imagine why you would DOG
Microsoft so hard, then send your email out via one of Microsoft crippled
OS's, by way of a hotmail account.

You are a hoot!

lane
P.S.  Did you ever figure out how to get Dragonfly to install from a hard
drive?  That's a steep learning curve, from what I recall ... all those
switches ... and the noise of all those developers laughing at you ...

Quoting from the original Dragonfly Massacre:

	"Of all men's miseries, the bitterest is this:
	to know so much and have control over nothing.
                -- Herodotus"