Internet Connection Problem - DNS Related?

linux quest linuxquest7570 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 01:37:16 PST 2006

I am a new user of FreeBSD. I have already installed FreeBSD succesfully. However, I am not able to connect to the Internet. I have read the ppp manual in FreeBSD (by typing man ppp), but I still can't connect to the Internet.

This is what happened at my prompt ...

abc# ping google.com
ping: cannot resolve google.com: Host name lookup failure

Then, I thought perhaps I haven't configure my DNS. So I typed man dns, but I can't find the DNS manual, and yes... I know my ISP DNS IP address. But I don't know where to configure it in FreeBSD.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks.