mailman upgrade problem

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sun Dec 17 12:14:55 PST 2006

--On December 16, 2006 10:07:27 PM -0500 "Michael P. Soulier"
<msoulier at digitaltorque.ca> wrote:

> I just did a portupgrade on mailman, and now it's doing this.
>
> Dec 16 22:05:27 kanga Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.
> Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
> "nobody", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group
> "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
> "nobody", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
> `--with-mail-gid=mailman'. Dec 16 22:05:27 kanga postfix/local[87645]:
> 830DE6E: to=<opag at opag.ca>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced
> (Command died with status 2: "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post
> opag". Command output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
> wrapper script to be executed as group "nobody", but the system's mail
> server executed the mail script as group "mailman".  Try tweaking the
> mail server to run the script as group "nobody", or re-run configure,
> providing the command line option
> `--with-mail-gid=mailman'. )

Apparently you're running Postfix.

Put this in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf, and you will never have this
problem again:
MAKE_ARGS = {
        # Preset mailman so it will compile with the right group
        'mail/mailman' => 'MAIL_GID=mailman'
  }

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst