Inconsistencies with FreeBSD installation FTP servers

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sat Dec 16 06:11:24 PST 2006

	For some odd reason I can't get FTP/FTP-passive based transactions
to work on my new system (bails after the first install floppy
completes), and when working with different releases it appears that
older releases than 6.1 don't have kernel directories (!). Is this a
design choice or are the maintainers perhaps missing directories when
updating releases?
TIA,
-Garrett

PS This has been a problem since 5.4, and is only solved using NFS on
what used to be my linux box, but unfortunately I can't specify a
root owned NFS share in Freebsd on my former install platform, so I'm
sort of stuck..