mkxvcd not working due to floating point expression of movie length identification from mplayer

Tsu-Fan Cheng tfcheng at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:33:17 PST 2006

hi ...
  i need to use mkxvcd script to create movies, but it gave me error
messages. After some debugging I found out it's because (I guess) that
mplayer use floating point expression instead of integer when identifying
the length of the movie, like 208.15 or something. Anyway, when mkxvcd
trying to decide how many hours this movie has by code:
HOURS=$[quant/3600], which quant means the length,
the script can't handle it and exit.
The script is written in Bash, and I am not so much of a expert, can someone
suggest me the next step?? much appreciated!!

TFC