Please help*

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Dec 13 13:33:04 PST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 12:56 PM, VeeJay wrote:
> I want to install MySQL5.0 at my FreeBSD 6.1 box with following
> configurations:
>
> --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
> --with-mysqld-user=mysql
> --with-unix-socket-path=/tmp/mysql.sock
> --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static
>
> How and at What place, can I configure the Makefile under
> /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-server/
> to have MySQL server working with above mentioned configurations?

See CONFIGURE_ARGS in /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-server/Makefile.
Note that the $PREFIX is already configured pretty much right
already, and that mysql will run as a "mysql" user, and that putting
the MySQL socket under /tmp is already done for you.

I'm not sure why you want to statically link MySQL, but if you really
want to do so, that would be the only argument likely worth changing
in the port's Makefile....

--
-Chuck