javaws

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 13:24:27 PST 2006

brian merrell wrote:
> I've been googleing all morning on this one...
>
> I'm need to get javaws to work.  I am using FreeBSD6.1-RELEASE amd64.
>
> I've tried installing the diablo packages (both jdk and jre), and
> apparently it does not include javaws, is this correct?
>
> I've tried installing the linux-sun-jdk15 package.  It installed
> okay, but javaws is broken:
>
> "
> [root at cobweb /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk15]# javaws
> Java Web Start splash screen process exiting ...
> Bad installation: JAVAWS_HOME not set: No such file or directory
> "
>
> And I've tried compiling /usr/ports/java/jdk15 and it fails:
>
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xffffefd4, pid=28699, tid=49156
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_12-b03 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  0xffffefd4
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid28699.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
>
> Any pointers or ideas?  javaws is a necessity for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian.
>
> I have attached hs_err_pid28699.log

Works for me using diablo-jdk 1.5.x:

happy-idiot-talk:~:% pkg_which /usr/local/bin/javaws
javavmwrapper-2.3

If you install a JDK or JRE from ports you should get a link via the
javavmwrapper that makes javaws work -- and you don't need to set anything
special in your environment either.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3