List Protocol (was: Major Version Upgrade 4.11 to 5.x)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Dec 12 16:53:30 PST 2006

The reason that questions doesen't require a subscription ought to be
obvious to anyone with any experience with FreeBSD.

questions at freebsd.org is used as the default contact e-mail address
for most non-financial FreeBSD dealings, such as on CD cases,
marketing materials, etc.  Why?  Because for most
newbies they think they are dealing with a cohesive organization with
a young girl in a tank top and boobs out front answering the damn
phone.

They DON'T think they are dealing with a bunch of hayseeds
sitting on their computers wanking at each other.

When your ready to field all of those questions from misguided
newbies, mistaken newspaper article writers, company wanks told
by their superiors to investigate this "freeBSd thing" then we can
make questions an opt-in list.

Until then STFU you ungrateful bastards.  All you once were
dumb newbies who didn't know FreeBSD from free beer, and
I'll bet more than a few of you sent e-mail to questions, thinking
it was an actual person who gave a damn.  Boy were you surprised!

Ted