Printing (Trying)

Robbie Bykowski pink_and_blue_the_clouds_above at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 17:53:46 PST 2006

I have been trying to get my Canon Pixma iP5000 to print on FreeBSD.I used Apsfilter cause apparently its more user friendly then CUPS. I when through all the settings and set everything up probably (i hope) as when i did a test print it printed, but it came out as an A5 size (is that normal?) on the A4. It had everything it should have on the test print so i did the I command, gave it the name lp and then Q command and read what came after.I did the:lpc restart alland came out with this:lp:        no daemon to abort        printing enabled        daemon restartedif i do it again it would come the same as above.I then do lpr command:lpr linux.txtand does nothing.Any help is thanked in advanced (I've been trying to do this for a long time)also with your help, i can get one step futher away from windows :DPink and Blue