php 5.2.0... go boom!

Antony Mawer fbsd-questions at mawer.org
Thu Dec 7 13:24:06 PST 2006

On 7/12/2006 10:51 PM, Spil Oss wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Have you found a solution yet to your segfaulting php 5.2.0?
> There are reports that it has to do with the order of loading the
> extensions (notably, session seems to have to be one of the last, and
> mysql last)
>
> Please let me know if it helps (and even if it doesn't) or any other
> solutions. My php 5.2.0 still won't fly (although the debug-version
> does!).

Have you tried compiling without the SUHOSIN protection patch? This was
turned on by default in version 5.1.6_1 of the php5 port, and is on by
default in 5.2.0 as well.

This patch provides a number of additional security enhancements to PHP,
and (I believe) some of these include attempting prevent buffer
overflows in PHP itself being affected. Perhaps one of the modules is
triggering this and the patch causes the current process to terminate as
a safety measure.

--Antony