pb installing P5-BerkeleyDB

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Thu Dec 7 11:36:56 PST 2006

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Len Conrad
> Sent: donderdag 7 december 2006 14:09
> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Subject: pb installing P5-BerkeleyDB
>

> %cd /usr/ports/databases/p5-BerkeleyDB
> %make WITH_BDB_VER=41

You seem to have a pretty old port system. Aren't they on
p5-BerkeleyDB-0.31 yet? And the latest BerkeleyDB version is 4.5.20, I
believe.

> ===> p5-BerkeleyDB-0.25 depends on shared library: db41.1 - not found

I usually compile a new BerkeleyDB (the Perl module) directly from CPAN.
You do the whole "perl Makefile.PL" thingy, and then you edit "config.in"
to tell it about the location of your BerkeleyDB (the database). Otherwise
it cannot find the new database. Edit "config.in" like so:

INCLUDE = /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
LIB = /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib
DBNAME = -ldb-4.1

(change the paths according to your system's locations, of course!)

P.S. If you installed the database via ports, you wouldn't get a location
like: "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib" (if I recall correctly, you get that
from running ./configure from a manual installation); but something like:
"/usr/local/lib/db41/". Anyway, as long as you know where everything
resides, the edit of "config.in" should do what you want.

- Mark