Which live CD for recovery

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Dec 6 09:53:55 PST 2006

Hi:

Which live CD is recommended for recovery? What I'd like is to have as
many disk analysis tools at hand just in case.

The case is that I am not recovering a FBSD system but Windows XP
(*sigh*). After trying to help a friend clean her pc for virus it won't
boot, even in safe mode... oooops.

I believe one of two things has happened: the anti virus placed a system
file in the vault, or running windows update the "genuine windows
disadvantage tool" disabled the system because it may have been pirate
(don't know).

So, I need to recover data to some other machine, and then see if I can
recover the system file without a full reinstall.

Thanks, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org