Xorg 7.2 ante portas

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Wed Dec 6 09:49:24 PST 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 12:42, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Hello.
> Xorg 7.2 is about to be released - with nice new features an, more
> important, bugfixes, upgraded drivers etc.
> Are there any plans of supporting this version via the ports collection?

Yes. See the freebsd-x11 mailing list archives for more details, but basically
the team doing the porting is just waiting for the actual release of 7.2
before they merge the new versions into the ports tree. I'm sure there will
still be some testing and other tasks to be completed after that, but
hopefully most things should be working.

> It seems that the ports still have the outdated monolithical Xorg 6.9
> version.

JN