network interface status

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Mon Dec 4 16:19:56 PST 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 14:23, Beni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every day, Charly Root sends me an email with the Daily Run Output. In it
> is a section Network interface status who regroups per interface the
> traffic.
>
> What do i launch (manually) to get those results (not especially by mail
> but on screen is fine) ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Beni.

Beni,

Check out

man periodic

The job is scheduled in /etc/crontab, or you can run it manually with

periodic daily

Check out /etc/defaults/periodic.conf to see what veriables you can use to
increase or decrease the output.  But make sure you follow the warnings at
top and put your modifications in /etc/rc.conf

lane