custom rc.d script not working

Gobbledegeek gobbledegeek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:49:32 PST 2006

I  compiled quagga 0.99.5  from source (not  freebsd port) and  wrote  this
little  script in the /etc/rc.d/zebra  file.
-------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# PROVIDE: zebra
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING

. /etc/rc.subr

name="zebra"
rcvar=${name}_enable
required_files="/usr/local/etc/${name}.conf"
command="/usr/local/sbin/${name}"
command_args="-d"
pidfile="/var/run/${name}.pid"
load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"
----------------------------------

/etc/rc.conf has  zebra_enable="yes"

However it only starts zebra  when  I execute  it manually from
command  line.  When I boot  freebsd, it  executes   and I see
message  in boot screen  that zebra  is starting, but on login I find
zebra isn't running.
all files in /usr/local/sbin/   for  zebra  executables are  owned  by
quagga/quagga user/group.

Once I  get this working, I  will ofcourse  add scripts for ospfd  and
 bgpd and isisd..  but it beats me why this isn't  working...

This is  on  freebsd 6.2  RC1  i386.

Thanks very much in advance  for  your help...

PS:  Please  CC  me as I am not subscribed.

--
Rgrds
GobbledeGeek