shared cache -- Re: SMP detection

Josh Carroll josh.carroll at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:29:22 UTC 2006

Core 2 Duos have the EM64T extensions. Core Duos (Yonah) are a mobile
chip only, not a full line of processors like the Core 2 architecture
(Merom, Conroe, Woodcrest).

I suspect the Core 2 chips do not suffer from the same security
implications as HT-enabled processors. I'm not certain, but I think
each processor has access to half the cache so the only reason it's
shared is that it's on the same die and both cores are using parts of
it.

Josh