6.1 kernel messages

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Thu Aug 31 12:55:08 UTC 2006

Having just migrated a server from 4.10-STABLE to 6.1-STABLE, I'm curious
about some kernel messages in dmesg that I hadn't seen before:

asr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]  (adaptec RAID adapter)
uhci0: [GIANT-LOCKED]  (USB driver)
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]  (keyboard driver)

I'm running SMP with 2 CPUs...a quick google shows that some people think
it may be cause for concern but others do not.  Is it?

Then there's this:

acpi0: <PTLTD   RSDT> on motherboard
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi: bad write to port 0x070 (8), val 0x43
acpi: bad read from port 0x071 (8)

That driver isn't in my kernel which is derived from GENERIC; I found info
on it in PAE:

# Compile acpi in statically since the module isn't built properly.  Most
# machines which support large amounts of memory require acpi.
device          acpi

I only have 1GB of RAM in this server, so can I simply ignore this?

up at 3.am							    http://3.am