Resolved??? Re: Apache 2.2 http accept filter

Thu Aug 31 00:00:46 UTC 2006

At 20:01 2006-08-25, you wrote:

>Did accept filter error problem get resolved?  I do NOT have
>NO_MODULES set in the kernel config or in /etc/make.conf anywhere,
>and I checked:
>
>  unicorn[126]# pwd
>  /boot/kernel
>  unicorn[127]# ll *http*
>  -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  5544 Aug 25 12:05 accf_http.ko*
>  unicorn[128]# kldload accf_http.ko
>  kldload: can't load accf_http.ko: File exists
>
>  unicorn[130]# grep -i http rc.conf
>  # apache22_http_accept_enable (bool): Set to "NO" by default.
>  #                             Set to yes to check for accf_http kernel
>  # put accf_http in the kernel config?  not yet.
>  apache22_http_accept_enable="YES"
>
>Do I need to put something in /boot/modules?  I already have
>accf_http loaded, apparently because of the
>apache22_http_accept_enable flag in rc.conf.
>
>Let me know if you've gotten anywhere with this.
>
>tack
>
>On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, Ian Lord wrote:

>>>You might have option NO_MODULES in your kernel config file. If
>>>so, remove it and rebuild your kernel as described in the FreeBSD Handbook:
>>>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html
>>
>>Hmmm, the reason the the NO_MODULES is set to "yes" in my kernel,
>>is because I use PAE
>>
>>Here is a snip from the "/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/PAE" file
>># Don't build modules with this kernel config, since they are not built with
>># the correct options headers.
>>makeoptions     NO_MODULES=yes
>>
>>So I guess since I am Using PAE, I just can't build the modules...
>>
>>So from there, what is the recommended solution ?
>>
>>I tried removing apache22_http_accept_enable="YES" from rc.conf
>>
>>and using
>>AcceptFilter http none
>>AcceptFilter https none
>>in my httpd.conf file
>>
>>(I also tried not mentionning the AcceptFilter lines in http.conf)
>>
>>I still get the same problem
>>ie: I get the error message
>>[Sat Aug 19 13:00:14 2006] [warn] (2)No such file or directory:
>>Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
>>[Sat Aug 19 13:00:14 2006] [warn] (2)No such file or directory:
>>Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter
>>[Sat Aug 19 13:00:14 2006] [warn] (2)No such file or directory:
>>Failed to enable the 'httpready' Accept Filter

I still have problem with it...
 From what I understand, the problem comes from the fact that I use PAE.
When you compile a kernel with PAE, it is clearly mentionnend we need
to use the "no_module=YES" here is a snip from the file
"/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/PAE"
~~
# Don't build modules with this kernel config, since they are not built with
# the correct options headers.
makeoptions     NO_MODULES=yes
~~

So basically, the modules are not built :)
So I guess that I cannot use acceptfilter with PAE

The problem is that apache keeps on asking for the file so I have
warning everytime I start apache...