problems with creating bind9 under a jail (make: don't know how to make /usr/jail/bind9/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop)

freebsd neophyte freebsdneophyte at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:35:18 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> "freebsd neophyte" <freebsdneophyte at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > ...snip...
> >
> > -------------------
> > # make world DESTDIR=/usr/jail/bind9

> > make: don't know how to make /usr/jail/bind9/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src.
> > ------------------------
> >
> > ...snip...
> >

> Looks like you don't have a full source tree.
> What did you mean by "pulled files from an FTP server"?
> When you used cvsup, what kind of supfile did you use,
> and did you have existing files in the source tree that
> you were trying to update?

thanks for the reply.

as for pulling from the FTP server.  what i wanted to say was that i
booted from a CD, but used an FTP server as my install medium.  as for
cvsup, i used the following: /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile.
 as for the existing source tree, i used sysinstall to add all the
sources, and then i used cvsup to update them.