problem with phpMyAdmin port

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Aug 30 17:14:08 UTC 2006

> > When I try to run phpMyAdmin I get this error
> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_replace() in
> > /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/sanitizing.lib.php on line 37
>
> this is not error of the port. You are missing PCRE php extension.
> Install the lang/php4-extensions or php5-extensions port.

Actually, this _is_ an error in the port.  The port should properly
specify the pcre extension as a dependency.  The workaround suggested
will get you going, however.

If this problem is reproducible, you should file a PR.

Are you sure the port installed successfully?  I just installed this
port a few weeks ago and it worked fine.  If you're ports tree is
up to date, then these bugs are newly introduced.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.