question about network setup

Alexander Sashurin sashome at m-lan.ru
Wed Aug 30 04:33:34 UTC 2006

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
Nazar wrote:
> Alright guys. This is probably the complete newbie question, but I
> just cant
> fight a straight answer on google. The questions usually I found, werent
> answered. Anyways, to the point. I'm behind router. Cable modem ->
> Router ->
> pc's. Basic home setup. I set up apache and want to figure out how is it
> possible for me to use external ip to connect to my server? I can
> access the
> server via internal ip & people can access it via my external, but for me
> doesnt show up. I know this configuration has to do with my network,
> rather
> than apache, or at least main configuration of my network and probably
> some
> tweaking with apache....Well, if possible, some replies would be
> appreciated. Maybe at least point me at the right direction. Thank you.
so,  is the default route configured correctly? and have you redirected
80 port on your router to your server?
can you ping your external interface? can you telnet to port 80 of
external router iface?
sorry, for my bad English..

--
With best regards,