The Regents of the University of California. Allrights reserved.

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Aug 26 08:55:23 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyrre Nygård" <kyrreny at broadpark.no>
To: "David J Brooks" <daeg at houston.rr.com>; <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: The Regents of the University of California. Allrights
reserved.

> At 12:50 25.08.2006, David J Brooks wrote:
>
> >Back in the Jurassic era, when typewriters still roamed the earth, it was
> >convention to leave a double-space following a period so that the reader
> >could more easily distinguish the end of a sentence. With the advent of
word
> >processors (and proportional fonts) this double-spacing convention
lapsed.

> >My guess is that the code for SSH was written by someone who learned to
type
> >on a typewriter, or was taught by someone who learned to type that way.
> >
> >David
> >--
> >Sure the Almighty created the world in only six days,
> >but He didn't have an established user-base.
>
> Thanks for the information Mr. Brooks, and I see you messed up the
> subject line :)
>
> I just hope somebody with the know-how can submit a patch.

I'm sure that will get prioritized right up top with the patch to change the
text color on the screen to green, to be more historically accurate
for a UNIX console.

Seriously, if someone were to make a large spelling error/typo patch
with a hundred or so typo corrections on it, there might be some
interest.

Ted