Code beautifiers, anyone?

Kyrre Nygård kyrreny at broadpark.no
Fri Aug 25 13:32:48 UTC 2006

At 06:01 25.08.2006, Matti J. Karki wrote:

>Yes. I know, that this is reinventing the wheel. Also, home-made
>scripts tend to be less reliable compared to dedicated tools. But I
>have to deal with C, C++, Java, Visual Basic and XML files and also
>some pretty obscure internal data files. With my own scripts I have
>total control over the style. I use scripting quite a lot to help me
>with my work and in addition to readability or style, I also use
>scripts for generating documentation and even to generate pieces of
>the final files from other data sources.
>
>So, in my case, I just have found out that instead of using bunch of
>ready-made tools and spending time tweaking the settings and learning
>to run them, I reach my goal faster and with desired results by doing
>things myself.

Nice wording Matti :)

Indeed, we are seeking total control over multiple languages.

So yeah, we do it ourselves for simpler and faster solutions.
Custom tools only contain about 5% of what dedicated tools would.

I know there's a lot of other people out there feeling the way we do,
I just hope that they can get on up and reply to this thread :)

All the best,
Kyrre