Infinite Loops! Infinite Loops! FREAKING Infinite Loops!!!!

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Tue Aug 22 17:04:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:25:41PM -0400, beno wrote:
> Derek Ragona wrote:
> >Once you have only one version of the ported applications run
> >portmanager to be sure you have them and their dependencies all current.
> My version of portmanager is 0.2.0_1 which apparently has a bug that
> puts it in an infinite loop!

Well then, update your ports tree to the latest point (I recommend
portsnap for this), then deinstall the borken portmanager and install
the updated, fixed version.  The whole sequence will look something like
this:

 # portsnap fetch extract
 # cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager
 # make deinstall reinstall
 # portmanager -u -l

and you should be set.  Well, at least you should have the latest
version of portmanager...

Note that if you have used portsnap before, you will need to run
portsnap fetch update instead of fetch extract.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key: http://www.slightlystrange.org/pgpkey-dan.asc
PGP Key fingerprint: D349 B109 0EB8 2554 4D75  B79A 8B17 F97C 1622 166A
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \