Flash Upgrade

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Mon Aug 21 23:39:23 UTC 2006

Danny Pansters wrote:
 > On Friday 18 August 2006 01:45, Garrett Cooper wrote:
 > > Danny Pansters wrote:

 > > > I almost don't dare asking, but.... :)
 > > >
 > > > does anyone have this working with konqueror?
 > > >
 > > > Dan
 > >
 > > If it works with Mozilla 1.2+, it will work with Konqueror. See the
 > > installation prereqs from the adobe site.
 >
 > No. It works in FF but not in konq, if I point nsplugin finder to the
right
 > place it doesnt recognize it as a plugin. Something with relying on a
.xpt
 > file which is ignored by konq's idea of a nsplugin. At least to me
that seems
 > to be the problem.
 >
 > Thats why I asked if anyone else had it working.
 >
 > Dan

This makes me want to switch to Ubuntu for the Desktop.  I have two
FreeBSD servers and one desktop.  FreeBSD is Awesome for a server
platform, but constant complications such as these make it a total pain
to run as a desktop.  I'm sure looking forward to the day when FreeBSD
is a little more refined in the desktop area.  Ubuntu is awesome, but I
don't particularly care for Linux either.  FreeBSD packaging is the best
I have seen on any platform.  Maybe some day all of the wonderful
refinements that Ubuntu has made can be transfered over to a workable
FreeBSD desktop configuration.

OK, I'm done with my soapbox

CM