Cisco/BSD auto-negotiation

Dave Raven dave at raven.za.net
Mon Aug 21 13:11:12 UTC 2006

Hi all,
	I'm currently looking into a problem with a Cisco 3640 router and a
FreeBSD 4.9 unit, connected via a crossover cable, that are not negotiating
correctly.

If you force the media setting to full or half duplex it has constant
collisions on the interface, and if you let both autonegotiate the cisco
keeps resetting (every ~20 seconds) its network card.

Are there known issues with this, or any known fixes?

Thanks
Dave

Ps. Please copy me on replies as I am off the list.