remote access solutions for rebuild world ??

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Aug 21 12:31:39 UTC 2006

> I am about to purchase a new server for FreeBSD 6.1.  For rebuilding
> world, I will need secure remote access to the server while booting
> in order to startup in single user mode.
> What solutions do other user recommend for this?  Any particular
> favored than others?  Specific hardware recommendations are welcome.
> thanks, ke han

If you purchase a server with a serial port (not USB) you can set up a
console server and use a serial console.  Dell has the "Dell Remote
Access Card" (DRAC) option available for most of their servers, I'd
assume that other vendors have similar capabilities.

HTH.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.