Where are teh choices stored when I build a port?

roukounas at gmail.com roukounas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 02:53:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:45:49 -0400
stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:

> Lately I've noticed that once I've built a given port, the
> configurtaion chocies I make, in the menu, seem to be saved.  Where
> is this information saved? Andm how can I overide it, if I want to
> rebuild the port with different options?

The options are stored in /var/db/port_name_here/options.
If you do a "make rmconfig" or "rmconfig-recursive" before a "make
install", then it is deleting the options file, and with a "make
install" you can happily choose your favorite options again.
As usual, the manual for ports
# man ports
will list most of the things you can do with ports.
You can take a look at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk for more information.