Web server requirements

doug doug at fledge.watson.org
Sun Aug 20 16:48:47 UTC 2006

I did not see the answer to the dynamic content question. I ran 400-500 web
sites on a 300 MHz processor until it died. My problems were memory, disk space
and bandwidth. If you are going to use perl or modperl for dynamic content, any
processor you can buy today will probably be fast enough.

If did not see RAID mentioned in the thread, but I would recommend that. If you
have a budget, I would spend it on memory, 1GB (more?) and the rest on disks and
an ata raid controller.