pkgdb -Fu failing: can't convert nil into String

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Aug 19 22:12:12 UTC 2006

Noah wrote:

> okay thanks for the explanation - so what is the most optimal way of
> fixing this without breaking things.

Approximately a month ago, I had several error messages just like that.
I finally just did a <CTRL> <D> when presented with an option of [ yes |
no | all]. I know, for some reason it does not always list that option,
but you can use it anyway.

I just deleted all of those broken links and everything has been fine
since then.

If you have portmanager on your system, after deleting those links,
assuming you do, you could then run:

     portmanager -u -f -l -y

That will rebuild your entire system with all the proper dependencies.
Of course, update your ports first.

HTH

--
Gerard Seibert