Needing a guide/tutorial please

Steve Lake steve.lake at raiden.net
Fri Aug 18 04:34:59 UTC 2006

         Looking for a guide online somewhere that will walk me through
setting up a mail server with the following items on it.

SpamAssassin
Postfix (pop3 and smtp setup)
MySQL (for database driven mail user administration)
MyPHPAdmin (to visually admin the database)
Squirrelmail (for webmail)
Apache (for squirrelmail)
Dovecot Imap (for squirrelmail)
Postfix Admin <- this is the reason for the need to have a mysql driven
mail user database.  It's apparently required for this to work.  Plus
database driven user management tends to be easier.  Of course, if you know
of a better way to graphically admin mail users without using a database,
I'm all ears.  :)
And lastly, some kind of web based server admin page that's similar to
webmin, but more secure.

         I want to setup a mail server with all these elements, have
postfix, squirrelmail and dovecot be database driven and somehow create a
mailbox tree for the webmail users for saved, spam, sent and trashcan
folders.  Also, lastly, which format for mail is better?  Maildir or
Mbox?  I'm partial to Mbox, but I've heard some others say Maildir is
better.  The server is only going to host about 30-40 users for a realty
company, so security is priority, plus it needs to have ease of
administration because the guy who's going to admin this in the end (I'm
just building it, he's maintaining it) isn't unix savy.  I've already done
a lot of google diving, but with little luck.  Hence why I'm asking
here.  If someone knows of a good guide or series of guides that'll help me
through all this, it'd be greatly appreciated.  I'm used to doing this the
hard way with sendmail and the regular freebsd users through the
console.  So I'm really new to postfix, but I'm using it because it's
supposedly more secure.  I'd have the guy who's admining it do the same,
but he's too green in the console to risk it.  ;)

         Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  :)

Steven Lake
Owner/Technical Writer
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net