How to bypass loader.conf at boot

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Thu Aug 17 17:57:07 UTC 2006

Nguyen Tam Chinh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I edited the /boot/loader.conf to add values for kern.maxdsiz and
> kern.dfldsiz.
> Unfortunately my server can not boot after that (the values are too
> big). How can I bypass the loader.conf parameters at
> boot? Or how I can change these values interactively?
> The server is located in a data center and I can access to it through
> supporter.
> Please advice.
> Thanks all for helping.

Choose boot menu option 6: Escape to loader prompt

Then you can set/unset anything. Use "show" to see the current values,
"set" to set some parameter, load/unload to load or unload kernel or
modules - see help for more.

Cheers, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org