Esound + skype...

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 16 12:01:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:23:48 +0300
Adi Pircalabu <apircalabu at bitdefender.com> wrote:

> [maintainer Cc-ed]
>
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:43:26 +1000 Norberto Meijome wrote:
>
> > > What about
> > >  sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=<num>
> > > where <num> is the number of programs you want to allow to play at
> > > the same time.
> >
> > ahhh.. magic :)  I remembered something like this, but I thought it
> > was solely due to a sound daemon.
>
> Well, in this case, how about writing few notes about these sysctl
> tunables in net/skype/pkg-descr? Ionut, is it worthy?

I can do it, but ... it's a general thing, treated in multimedia
chapter of the handbook, no ?

// of course, more important, I should update the port; hope to find
// some time for it this week.

BOFH excuse #341:
HTTPD Error 666 : BOFH was here