quick way fall back to the original kernel

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 05:31:46 UTC 2006

On 8/13/06, gahn <ipfreak at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am using a customized kernel and it works fine. But
> at the same time I am wondering whether there is a
> quick way to fall back to the original kerenel.

If you compiled your own kernel you should have, at the very least, a
/boot/kernel.old file; and I think also a kernel.default. If you break
to the loader prompt during boot you can boot one of those kernels.
And, although I've never tried it, you sholud be able to `cp
/boot/kernel.old /boot/kernel` to restore the previous kernel.>

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--