SMTP-AUTH woes.

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Sun Aug 13 18:29:43 UTC 2006

Martin Schweizer wrote:
> Hello Greg
>
> I did installed an system sendmail/Cyrus imap/sasldb2 successfully. While
> these I run in a lot of troubles. If you're interessted I can send you my
> stuff about it.

I ended up doing a reinstall, and got it working.  I also went with
Dovecot this time around, and got that up and running as well.
Everything was running well with Maildir, however I then tried to
install spamassassin which ended up screwing something up.  Sendmail
ended up placing everything in the mbox files in /var/mail, instead of
~/Maildir.  Not sure what happened, but I could not fix it.  I ended up
going back to Postfix, and that is at least delivering to ~/Maildir.
SASL is working as it should though.  Just have to get spamassassin and
luser_relay working now.

Greg Groth