HP Deskjet 720C ...

Girish Venkatachalam girish1729 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 11:27:03 UTC 2006

--- Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:

> I cannot for the life of me get FreeBSD 6.1 to work
> with my HP Dekjet
> 720C printer. I've tried following the directions as
> given in the
> FreeBSD Handbook, but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone help me and/or offer tips where I can
> look?

Did you try postscript printing with a2ps and LPD?

If the printer listens at TCP port 515, then I think
yo u are set. Make sure you have LPRng.

To test that, just try telnet <hp-printer-ip> 515 and
see if it connects.

If that goes thro' you only have to export a shell
variable and you can print.

export PRINTER=lp at hp-printer-ip

HTH,
Girish