New Web Server

Clark, Ronald Ron.Clark at EagleGL.com
Thu Aug 10 20:25:34 UTC 2006

All,

I have started over. I am back to this level:
FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE #0: Tue Aug  1 17:59:18 CDT 2006

With MySQL server 4.1 installed and working. Now to build
Apache13-modssl and hopefully add PHP to it. However, I cannot find
mod_php5 in ports. Is this port deprecated and is now gone? If this is
the case, how should I build this out?

I have read all of your responses up to this point, and thank you all
for responding. The responses are for the most part what I remember from
building my last web server some months ago, but now it seems my old
methods may be obsolete or need refining.

Please continue to help out, as it is really appreciated.
RC

________________________________

From: Ron Clark [mailto:rsclark at kingwoodcable.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:21 AM
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Cc: Clark, Ronald
Subject: New Web Server

Hello all,

I am building a new web server, and have gotten Mysql, Apache and PHP
(php5-extensions) loaded from the ports. However, Apache is not picking
up my index.php file. Is there a step somewhere that I have missed? I
have added

    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

to the httpd.conf file, still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

RC

This email is intended only for the use by the party to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or distribution of this email or its contents is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.