New Web Server

Jeff Cross jeff.cross at averageadmins.com
Thu Aug 10 17:34:01 UTC 2006

Clark, Ronald wrote:
>  A<blank>ddType = typo on my part. Sorry. In the conf file it is
> "AddModule mod_php5.c". I have added the LoadModule as well and get a
> similar error message. So I try to look for the files themselves like
> this: #find / -name mod_php5.c
>
> It finds nothing. Same results with looking for libphp5.so. Is there an
> issue with the install or did I miss a step? Is there a recipe for
> setting up a server, something like "FreeBSD-Apache-Mysql-PHP for
> dummies"?
>
> RC

In your original post you say you installed PHP (php5-extensions).  Did
you actually install PHP5 or just the extensions?

PHP5 is at /usr/ports/lang/php5 and the extensions are at
/usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.  I'm not sure if compiling the later
will install the actual PHP5 port or not...

In my tutorial
(http://www.averageadmins.com/2006/04/10/famp-freebsd-apache-mysql-and-php)
I installed PHP5 then the extensions and it worked fine.

Jeff Cross
http://www.averageadmins.com/